New shuttle service to University Inn

The Hurricane shuttle service has been extended to the University Inn Condominiums to help students living in the complex get across US 1.

“Some students told me that they were having a difficult time getting across US 1 in the morning hours,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely, Vice-President for Student Affairs.

However, thus far the service has not been taken advantage of, said Director of Parking, Daniel Rosemond.

“An average of one student uses the service,” Rosemond said.

“I thought it would be a good service and parking agreed,” said Dr. Whitely. “We hope that students will begin to utilize it.”

The idea to extend service to the University Inn came from a request from Dr. Whitely, said Rosemond.

“I initiated the service with the cooperation and leadership of Daniel Rosemond, Director of Parking,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely.

The extended shuttle service is on a pilot basis and it is supposed to run from 7:30 – 9 a.m. weekday mornings, said Dr. Whitely.

The service has been operating for 2 months now.

“It wasn’t a major difficulty to provide a shuttle because we are using a shuttle that already goes to a property in that area,” said Rosemond.

The shuttle goes to the Inn and drops the students off at the parking garage from where the students then take shuttles to anywhere on campus.

University Inn shuttle services end on the last day of classes and will begin running again in January during the first week of classes.

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...