New shuttle service to University Inn

The Hurricane shuttle service has been extended to the University Inn Condominiums to help students living in the complex get across US 1.

“Some students told me that they were having a difficult time getting across US 1 in the morning hours,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely, Vice-President for Student Affairs.

However, thus far the service has not been taken advantage of, said Director of Parking, Daniel Rosemond.

“An average of one student uses the service,” Rosemond said.

“I thought it would be a good service and parking agreed,” said Dr. Whitely. “We hope that students will begin to utilize it.”

The idea to extend service to the University Inn came from a request from Dr. Whitely, said Rosemond.

“I initiated the service with the cooperation and leadership of Daniel Rosemond, Director of Parking,” said Dr. Patricia Whitely.

The extended shuttle service is on a pilot basis and it is supposed to run from 7:30 – 9 a.m. weekday mornings, said Dr. Whitely.

The service has been operating for 2 months now.

“It wasn’t a major difficulty to provide a shuttle because we are using a shuttle that already goes to a property in that area,” said Rosemond.

The shuttle goes to the Inn and drops the students off at the parking garage from where the students then take shuttles to anywhere on campus.

University Inn shuttle services end on the last day of classes and will begin running again in January during the first week of classes.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...