News Briefs & Campus Calendar

correction
There was a grievous error made in the Tuesday Nov. 13th issue of the Miami Hurricane, the article was titled “UM dean pens controversial novel,” when in fact Robert M. Levine is not a UM Dean and his book is not a novel. The Miami Hurricane would like to apologize profusely for our error.

AEPi soccer fest 2001
Alpha Epsilon Pi and Sweet Paper hosted Soccerfest 2001 in association with the Boys and Girls Club of Miami on Nov. 18 at the Smathers Wellness center. Coach Jim Morris, head coach of the National Champion Baseball team was the key speaker for the event. The members of the Boys and Girls Club took part in a soccer game, a free raffle and listened to Jim Morris’s speech.

reminder

PARKING GARAGE WILL BE CLOSED
To facilitate required annual maintenance while minimizing inconvenience to the University community, the Ponce Garage (5665 Ponce de Leon Boulevard) will be closed during the Thanksgiving break, November 22-25. The garage will re-open at 6 a.m. on Nov. 26. To accomplish the necessary work, the garage must be cleared of all vehicles. Vehicle owners and/or responsible parties must remove their vehicles from the garage no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21. Failure to comply with this request will result in vehicles being towed at the owner’s expense. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. For more information, call 305-284-3096, option 1.

HELP SEND THE ROWING CLUB TO CHAMPIONSHIP
Do you have yard work or work around the house that you don’t have time to do? The UM Rowing Club will do it for you to help fund their program. The cost is $40 for 4 hours on a Saturday or Sunday of your choice. All money raised will send the team to Dad Vail National Championships in the spring. For more information call Ryan at 305-689-4291.

today
UM’s Law School has Open House from 9 a.m.-1p.m.

november 21
Inquiry: The Research Connection. Professor Chatterjee will be discussing his fascinating career as a documentarist. Eaton Classroom 145 at 4 p.m.

november 22
Thanksgiving recess

november 23
Thanksgiving recess

november 26
The School of Education is hosting a United Way Dime Social (Rummage Raffle) and Bake Sale from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today on Merrick Building Breezeway. No need to follow that rainbow, your “Pot-O-Gold” is waiting for you at the School of Education. Bring your dimes, choose your prize, and help South Floridians in need! For more information and/or to donate a prize, contact Kathy Del Toro, School of Education at 305-284- 5990, mailto:kdeltoro@miami.edu or Dierdre Lacativa, 305-284-2213, mailto:Dierdre@miami.edu.

All undergraduate students interested in Latin American Studies are invited to meet with the LAS student advisory board today at 4:30 p.m. in Eaton Residential College. Agenda: field trips, other student activities, and career planning and networking activities. For more information call Gabelli at 305 284-5963.