The Truth Will Always Win Out

We ended our Oct. 9 editorial regarding the theft of 9,000 issues of the Hurricane four days earlier with those words.

And despite attempts by others to continually cloud the issue and distort the facts, the truth did, indeed, win out.

Two members of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity have been suspended and a third put on probation as a result of a University investigation into the theft. As we have noted before, the theft was a deliberate attempt to rob us of our right to publish the news and your basic right to be kept informed.

We believe the University’s investigation was thorough and the penalties handed down were just. There can be no compromises when it comes to dealing with those who seek to deny anyone their rights.

We applaud the university administration for its zero tolerance decision.

Let these penalties handed down serve as a warning and a deterrent to others to never attempt this sort of thing again.

We also hope it will put to rest the sometimes bitter and decisive debate over the theft of the papers. It no longer serves any useful or constructive purpose. It’s time to move on.

For in the final analysis, the truth has won out.

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison, who left the Hurricanes football pro ...

A six-pack of UM nuggets on a Tuesday: • UM receiver Dionte Mullins’ final statement this spring - i ...

The quarterback race at the University of Miami just got a lot tighter. Redshirt freshman Jack Allis ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

HurricaneSports.com caught up with Miami's current hardwood ProCanes. Here's where you can ...

A trio of Canes are represented in the polls, with Lomacki at No. 64 in the ITA Singles rankings and ...

The Miami women's tennis team has continued its rise up the ITA national rankings, checking in ...

Romy Gonzalez scored the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, and Miami held on for an 8-7 win over hos ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...