Jay Mohr to host ‘What’s Your Focus’

Today the University of Miami shines with the presence of not only a new, mega stylish Ford Focus ZX5 display, but of top notch entertainers. Students will have the chance to ask questions, try out the cars and win great prizes, including tickets to see the band Live.

The free roundtable forum about choices, experiences and issues will be hosted by comedian-actor Jay Mohr, who will not only be part of the panel but will provide the laughs with his stand-up comedy as well. The panel will also feature famous names, like Live frontman Ed Kowalczyk and actress Piper Perabo of Coyote Ugly.

“They don’t call it ‘breaking’ into the business for nothing,” said Mohr. “Making a career in music, fashion or entertainment takes a lot of hard work. Our goal is to share our stories so that the next generation can avoid our mistakes and follow our successes.”

Jay Mohr is one of the busiest men in the entertainment industry. Currently he works with Fox’s NFL: This Morning at doing the early Sunday comical interviews with the teams. He is also the narrator of Beyond The Glory, the highest rated show to debut in the history of Fox Sports network, and will have his own show, Mohr Sports, come out next year.

Mohr has held major roles in numerous films, including Go, 200 Cigarettes, Pay it Forward, Picture Perfect and Jerry Maguire, and he started his career as part of the cast of Saturday Night Live, for which he was even nominated for an Emmy.

The “What’s Your Focus” Forum is intended for an audience of young adults looking for career advice. By touring several campuses across the United States, Ford is aiding college students who are unsure of their post-graduation careers to make clever choices.

In addition, students will have the opportunity to win tickets to the conclusion of the festival, a concert performance by the popular alternative rock group Live at Sunrise Musical Theatre that night and VIP passes, among other things.

The forum will take place at the UC Patio from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and admission is free with Cane Cards.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...