Greeks and the ‘Hurricane’

The final disciplinary action against members of Alpha Epsilon Pi for the theft of the Oct. 5 editions of the Hurricane should not be seen as an indictment of the university Greek system.

The theft was clearly the misguided action of certain individuals. These people sought to deny us of our right to publish and distribute the paper and your right to read it.

Any reasonable person would agree their actions were deplorable.

However, there are some who have sought to cloud the issue of the theft by attempting to drive a wedge between the Greek community and this newspaper. Regrettably, we suspect those people are guided by their egos rather than a desire to help lead our university community.

That is clearly unacceptable to us.

We believe that the vast majority of those in UM fraternities and sororities strongly support our efforts to bring you the news. And we strongly support their efforts to improve our community.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...